I attended my brother's wedding last week, which was fantastic. His wife is great, as is her family, and the wedding went off without a hitch. It began raining 14 minutes after the outdoor reception ended, which was fortuitious and lucky. All this talk about the wedding got me thinking about my own future. Here's what I came up with:
I am very, very, very excited about the future. There are so many unanswered questions circling through my head now, and many more to come, all of which delight me. Some examples, with commentary, are presented below.
- Who will I marry? The options are literally endless. New girls are born every day and they all age just like me, making the supply every fruitful. Will I marry a girl from New England? Will I marry a small town girl? A single mother? A celebrity (Julianne Hough, maybe)? A long time friend? A fisherwoman? A Brit? An Aussie? I do not know but I sure am excited to find out!
- What will I do for a living? Sure I'm a math teacher now, but that doesn't mean it's what I'll do for my entire life. Or maybe it does? I plan on going back to school in the next few years. Where will I go to school? Boston? The Deep South? An island? What will I study? Secondary education? Statistics? Psychology? British literature? Law school? Business school? I have no idea right now, but I sure am excited to find out!
- How many kids will I have? Will I have a big family? A small family? Will I adopt? Will I raise all boys? All girls? Will I have twins? Triplets? What will my kids accomplish? Where will they be in 40 years? I have no idea but I'm stoked to find out!
- On a more religious note: What callings will I have? Will I be a ward chorister? A scout leader for 25 years? A temple president? Strictly a home teacher my whole life? Will I serve another mission? Will I live to see the Second Coming? I haven't a clue but I'll be here to find out!
- How will the world advance in my lifetime? Will we colonize the moon or mars? Will we have flying cars? Will we detract as humanity? What influence will Lady Gaga and the Kardashians have on the youth of tomorrow? What new inventions will be revealed? There are so many things waiting to happen in this world!
- Sorry to sound macabre, but how will I die? Will I die young? Will I die by a drunk driver? Who will I survive? Will I live to be a one hundred years old? Will I die rich? Will I die lonesome? How will my health be in the final years of my life? Will I get cancer? I really don't know, but death doesn't scare me right now and I'm slightly less excited to open this chapter of my life. Even still, it's interesting to think about.