01 July 2008

Working Hard During Summer Term... Surf Style...


The day after I got home from Costa Rica, I turned right around and flew just about as far from Boston as I could (the warrant out for my arrest was heating up and my affiliates recommeded I leave quickly). After 12 hours of flying, approximately the same amount of time it takes a sloth to get down from a tree, I landed in Hawaii after having made such good friends with my seatmate that we decided to room together while in Laie. The arrangement has worked out swimmingly; we are as close as brothers already. Can I just give a great big Hawaiian "Aloha!" to all my Peeps here on the Islands? Let me say that I absolutely love this state. I believe it was the last to join the other 49, and we truly saved the best for last. Oh how I love Thee, let me count the waves. First, I love my school. BYU-Hawaii was clearly an inspired idea. I love my teachers, I love the eclectic student body (I've met people from Cambodia, Pakistan, Korea, Japan, China and all over the South Pacific including Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and Hawaii) and the small campus. I love the facilities (yea know, like the weight room and library) and the close proximity to the beach. I love to surf and I love the consistently perfect weather with gentle, tropical breezes replenishing my skin daily. I love my new friends and I love the relaxed schedule. I go to class in the morning and then do my homework inbetween surfing, while laying out on the beach in the afternoon. That is a lot of ways. Yes, Hawaii is the best archipelago I have ever been too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So from the picture it looks like you were sitting exactly where I imagined you sitting when you called me from the beach. You are clearly working very hard (on your tan). I'm glad you love my home state. It loves you back, I'm sure!