I really like to write, and I really like you for reading what I really write. I write to please you and you and you and you with what I write. And hence, I am pleading for your input on my blog. Since October is my favorite month, and since this October will be the eighteen month anniversary of “David’s Holla Atchya Blog” (also known as “Wallace’s Holla Atchya Blog”) I want to make some changes to better facilitate your enjoyment. Some things I am considering, for your consideration:
· A new ‘template’ or ‘skin.’ I have received some complaints that the white on black makes readers dizzy. I almost got sued last Winter when one of my three readers got in an accident because she saw stars after reading my white-on-black post. Everything turned out alright, but just imagine if she had hit one of my other two fans? I’d be the only Holla Atchya Fan!
· Guest Appearances. I enjoy many other blogs, and find several of them to be quite provoking, provocative and prolific. With owners’ permission I might feature some posts by guest authors. That way my readers get some variety and other bloggers get more exposure, if they want it in a legal way.
· What would you like to read more about? How do you feel about the content on my blog? Would you like more commentary on current events? How about more sports commentary? Would you like me to include more stories, or more opinions? Would you like more spiritual, reverent posts? What would YOU like me to write about? Controversies? Maybe I could learn how to put videos on my bog (Wow, that’s stretching it)? Would you like pictures attached to each post? Some things will still be off limits, such as my opinion on ice cream (it will forever be a mystery), but mostly I’m willing to open up.
· Are you against advertisements on the side of my blog? What do you expect when you open up my blog?
· Are there themes you like to see, or skip over? Thus far I have described my posts as analogous to a weekly newspaper column. Do you like that? Do you only read my blog because I read yours? These are the questions I want you to truthfully answer and give me feedback on. Please let me know how I can be better! If you are nervous about leaving critical feedback (you shouldn't be) then leave your comments as anonymous.
I am going on a vacation to Yellowstone/Jackson Hole today, and will be away for a week. In that week I would invite you to think about how I could make this blog better- in your opinion- and leave a comment telling me how. You readers are the best! Get ready for David's Holla Atchya Blog 2.0 in October!