27 April 2010

The Productivity of Idleness

I am home for less than or equal to two weeks before I go to Thailand for the rest of the Summer. Do you know what obligations I have in those two weeks? Well, for one, I definitely feel a responsibility to the freezer to rid it of all its ice cream. I realize it won't be easy, and will probably entail some serious head freezes, but I'm up for the task. My second obligation is to my dog. She needs her toenails clipped. Thirdly, I feel a pressing urge to solve the Global Warming crises before I leave. I'm not entirely sure why this desire has hit me so vehemently, like an armored truck filled with iron bricks rear-ending a Smart Car filled with styrofoam, but it has. My two weeks or less is certainly going to be busy. I have already contacted my dentist about the ice cream situation (she highly advised me to not eat the 11 quarts that are currently in the freezer, and then recommended a doctor to me, who turned out to be a psychiatrist), and I've spoken with the "Laundry-Mutt" about the excessive toenail length. I still have "Call Al Gore" on my to-do list for this weekend. In the meantime, I'm buying local produce to cut back on 'food shipping' emissions, turning off my lights when I leave the room, and I'm attempting to unplug appliances when not in use, such as when I sleep. Yes, this will be a busy two weeks indeed.

P.S. Do you have Al Gore's phone number?

1 comment:

Brian Rigby said...

Al is a pretty private individual, but you can get in touch with him by calling (615) 327-2227. For help with the ice cream, you can just call me. Good luck! :)