- Robin Hood (2010): If you are going to make a movie called Robin Hood don't make the only similarity between the new movie and the old one be the protagonist having the name Robin. This kind of felt like Gladiator meets a little bird with speckled eggs.
- Iron Man 2 (2010): It was entertaining, but I don't think it will do much for the Russian/American relations. Do all Russians have tattoos and knowledge of bionic men?
- Prince of Persia (2010): Finally, a quality movie about Persian time travel! I've been waiting ever since Aladdin was released in 1892.
- Eclipse (2010): I wrote a full review here, but in short I am team Bella. She's a big girl- she can make her own decisions.
- Inception (2010): You've already seen it so I really don't need to delve into much. Joseph Gordon-Levitt's fight scenes in the zero gravity hotel were pretty much the greatest cinematic accomplishment of the August.
- Alice in Wonderland (2010): Eh.
- Invictus (2010): I'm not sure if I was watching a movie about rugs or a personal Nelson Mandela memoir. The Persian rugs were nice, though I'm not sure why they caused such discontent in South Africa.
- Date Night (2010): Unnecessarily indecorous.
- Clash of the Titans (2010): If I were trapped in a foxhole with only a personal DVD player and a copy of Clash of the Titans I wouldn't even risk putting the movie in the player for the screen light. The risk would be too great that the movie might actually turn on and start playing.
25 August 2010
This summer I have seen deluged with movies, mostly because it only costs $3 to see the new releases in the theater (in Thailand). I saw most of the Summer blockbusters this year and my brief thoughts on them are below:
Topics: Movie Review