One of the great blessings of having a beard is that I am now a doppleganger to hordes more people. Last week some skaters stopped my on the street in Princeton, NJ (no joke here) to take their picture with me because they thought I was the professional skater Chris Cole.------------->
I have also been compared to 'the guy on the Dairy Queen commercials' and the guy from 'Covert Affairs.' My most common doppleganger by far, however, is Ashton Kutcher. My students refer to me as "Mr. Kutcher" and ask me how I'm dealing with my divorce from Demi. Speaking of my students, I had one child tell me he wanted to do some research into what kind of beard I had. He came back the next day and said "Mr. Bennett, what's a dirty Sanchez?' I ended the conversation right there.
There are many more reasons I love a beard, such as the following:
- I get to rub shampoo into my face and feel clean about it.
- I get to look down and see hair. Sometimes it even creeps onto my lip.
- At school an adult told me I looked 'professorial' with my facial hair.
- I can stroke my beard when I want to look intelligent, and put a skull cap on when I want <-------- to look like a thug.
- I feel wintery and mammalian because I have fur on my face.