31 January 2011

He's So Dreamy

After I taught a lesson this week my mentor teacher was going over some suggestions with me on how to improve my lesson. I told her I thought kids were a little bored and she disagreed with me. She said Tyeisha (names have not been changed in order to reveal cultural diversity) was looking a little distracted and so she asked her, "Tyeisha, what's going on here? Are you bored?" She said, "No. I am a little distracted though. I just can't stop staring at him. He's so cute."
I'm trying not to let my ego enlarge, and I don't think it will considering it came from a 14-year-old girl who probably also likes Justin Beiber (actually I'm betting she likes Bone-Thugs-n-Harmony; no Beiber fever at The Duke).
The Duke really is a fine place to work. It's uplifting and encouraging.

6 comments:

elyssa said...

not only are you the only person who comments regularly, david, but you are probably the only male who actually reads our blog. we appreciate it.

and we also appreciate when you post. you're pretty much always hysterical.

Cat said...

Well, you can't fault the poor kids. It makes sense that you'd be very distracting. Just watch out for the Indiana Jones style "Love you" eyelids. That's when you know you're in trouble.

Jen R. said...

Dude...if you were my high school teacher, I probably would have gone more! :) Totally dreamy.

Rachelle said...

Isn't that sweet? You actually kinda look like Justin Beiber ;)

Danielle Mendel said...

The other day one of my students, Nelson, told me I was looking especially sexy. I couldn't help but smile.

We cant help it if we are ridiculously good looking!

Emily said...

You are dreamy, Dave:). I don't blame those kids for being distracted one bit.